• Personal clothing and items for personal use
• Alcoholic beverages are not to be imported under any circumstances
• Israeli currency
• Pornography (please note! the usual consideration of explicit material does not apply here, and material perfectly acceptable anywhere else may be considered offensive and un-Islamic)
• Pork products
• Religious books and material
• Imitation and counterfeit goods
• Currency (both local and foreign), negotiable instruments (cheques, bonds or any other payments methods) or precious metals exceeding SR60,000 or the equivalent in foreign currency must be declared.
• Weapons, ammunition, explosive materials any type of blades only with permission from Ministry of Interior, otherwise strictly forbidden.
• Pets - of good health certificate, valid vaccination certificates that need to be approved at the nearest Saudi Arabian Embassy or Consulate. The animal needs to be inspected by the quarantine officer upon arrival. As additional certification may be required, please contact the nearest embassy.
• Birds – to import any type of birds a permit from National Commission for Wildlife Conservation and Development is required.
• Medication – thoroughly documented, in original packaging and supplemented with doctor’s note or proper prescription. An inspection by the Ministry of Health’s representative is required. For further details please contact the nearest embassy or Consulate.
• Electronic equipment for personal use may be checked for potential offensive material. Duty is payable for any type of electronic items, which might be refundable when the same items will be exported within 3 month period. Please contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate.